|Texas Health Mansfield Hospital|
|Facility description or mission|
|Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ|
Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
|Assists in the treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system. Evaluates patients and assists physician in the treatment.|
|Essential job responsibilities|
|Provides for the delivery of respiratory care services through accurate interpretation of physicians orders, implementation of various modes of therapeutic and diagnostic cardiopulmonary procedures in accordance with established guidelines and standards.|
Reviews physician orders for respiratory care services to assure proper patient identification, appropriateness, accuracy and safety of therapy.
Actively participates in the direction and selection of treatment modalities by communicating pertinent information to medical and nursing staff.
Responds to “Stat” and emergency calls within 5 minutes of time initiated.
Reviews patients chart at least once a shift to assess response to treatment and to assure progress toward therapeutic goals as evidenced by updating of treatment cards and thorough shift reports.
Utilizes organization and decision making in the establishment of priorities to coordinate and complete work assignments.
Documents on patient’s chart and master all pertinent patient care information before end of shift.
Demonstrates ability to maintain standards of work performance with minimal supervision.
Accurately perceives goals of cardiopulmonary treatment regime and endeavors to maintain patient progress.
Investigates problems as presented and takes initiative in resolving both technical and non-technical problems.
Completes all record keeping, including filing and data entry, for patient charging each shift.
Calculates and administers proper dosage of medication.
Accurately assesses and describes breath sounds through use of stethoscope.
Performs routine therapeutic procedures i.e., arterial blood sampling and analysis humidity and aerosol therapy, updraft, CPT, IPPB and various critical care skills in accordance to scheduled guidelines established by physician order and state regulatory agencies.
Maintains instrumentation, work areas and departmental supplies and demonstrates knowledge of safety precautions to ensure efficient department operation.
Performs and documents quality control of blood gas lab each shift according to established guidelines as evidenced by Q.C. log.
Monitors and stocks departmental supplies on a regular basis to ensure adequate inventory.
Demonstrates job knowledge and skills in the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all equipment.
Assures that work areas are organized and work surfaces are cleaned each shift.
Adheres to the departmental standards and procedures for equipment decontamination each shift.
Responsible for monthly department infection control report.
|Two years of training from an AMA approved school of Respiratory Care.|
|At least 1 year of working experience highly preferred.|
|State license requirement|
|Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner|
|Full-time nightsPer diem|
|To apply, go to|