by Dr. Mark Millard, Medical Adviser
Texas Society for Respiratory Care
- Follow the Rules. This isn’t the time to be freelancing or cutting corners when your health / life and those around you could be jeopardized.
- Keep your Distance. The comradery of healthcare often lends itself to hugs and high-fives. Thumbs up and a smile may be more appropriate for the moment.
- Wash your Hands for 20 Seconds. Singing Happy Birthday twice gets boring; how about a chorus of the old favorite “Staying Alive”?
- Beware of Fake News. In a crisis, the disruptive effect of purposefully inaccurate social media can sow seeds of fear and discord. Know whom you can trust… and it may not be the internet.
- Hold your Head Up High. As a respiratory therapist, you are a critical piece in providing intensive and effective care to the gravely ill. Your work makes a huge difference!