Roles & responsibilities of the upcoming 2024 BOD positions. [excerpts from bylaws]
The Vice President shall:
- Assume the duties, but not the office, of the President-elect in the event of the absence, resignation, or disability of the President-elect.
- Have such other powers and shall perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President and/or the Board of Directors.
- Lead and train the Regional Directors on an annual basis
The Treasurer shall:
- Keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, according to commonly accepted accounting practice, complete and accurate accounts of all financial transactions of the society.
- Authorize all disbursements and assure compliance to the signature policy required by the Board of Directors.
- Give a summary of finances at each meeting of the Board of Directors when called for by the Presiding officer and give a complete written report to all members at the Annual Meeting.
- When the President, President-elect, Vice President, Secretary, and/or Treasurer’s term of office is over the Executive Office will send an official notice to the bank having custody of Society funds providing for the transfer of access to the account of the Society.
- Provide for auditing of the financial records of the Society by an independent auditing agent or firm at such times as it is deemed advisable, with the consent or by the resolution of the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for the coming fiscal year for approval by the State Board of Directors.
- Submit or cause to be submitted to the members a current and complete written financial report annually.
- Be bonded in such sums as may be required by the Board of Directors and/or the American Association for Respiratory Care.
Section F. Additional Duties
- In the case of the absence or disability of the Secretary or Treasurer, or refusal or neglect to act, notice that the Office has been declared vacant will be served by the President or President-elect or any person duly authorized by either of them or by the Board of Directors to the person whose office has been declared vacant.
- In addition to the foregoing specific duties, the duties of the officers shall be such as stated in Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised, except when in conflict with the Bylaws of this Society or the Bylaws of the American Association for Respiratory Care.
Responsibilities of Regional Director
The Regional Director shall:
- Represent the membership of the region from which they were elected at the state level.
- Submit a written report on the activities within the region to the President of the Society thirty (30) days prior to the Annual Meeting.
- Submit quarterly regional activity and financial reports to the Society’s Board of Directors.
- Attend the Society Board of Directors meetings.
The Delegate shall:
The Delegates shall serve as a representative body of the general membership and representative body of the Society.
- The Delegate shall succeed to the position of Senior Delegate at the end of the Annual Meeting of the Society
- The Delegate shall be an active member of the American Association for Respiratory Care as well as the Texas Society for Respiratory Care.
Each Delegate shall:
- The Delegates shall attend all meetings of the House of Delegates and report the activities to the Society.
- Attend the Annual Business Meeting of the AARC as the representative of the Active Members of the Society
Nominations will open on March 1 and close on May 20. Please consider joining the leadership team for the TSRC.
Board of Director Nominations
Nominations for the 2024 Board of Directors for TSRC